I wanted to do Buck in 3 shades of fabric, so first I used photoshop to darken the shadows and midtones.
Still in EQ -- all the patches are now drawn. There are several that you can't see behind his paw, eyes and ears.
Stitched some more around the larger applique pieces and added Happy Dog in the corner
His nose is several layers of satin stitch -- reminds me of a teddy bear nose.
Laid out backing and batting and pinned. Did some free-motion stitching on the face and a stippled background. Jeez, I totally suck at stippling. Well, it's a little better with this different FM foot and my stitch size is getting more consistant...but I still suck at stippling.
I folded back the backing and rotary cut off the excess batting. I'm bringing the backing around to the front to use as the binding, tucking it under, pressing, and machine stitching with a small blanket stitch. Quick and easy.
Just a couple of little embellishments. Small pearls for the gleam in his eyes and some bleached coral for his little doggie claws.
I added a couple of loops to the back of the top and he's all ready to hang.