A few people have asked about the process I used for snow dyeing.
I looked at many, many blogs and and kind of pulled it together from what lots of other dyers were doing and here's what I wound up with:
I soaked the fabric for about an hour in soda ash solution,
I scrunched or twisted it up and laid it on an old screen over my utility sink and another over one of those flattish plastic tubs . I only froze the fabric outdoors the first time - I think I got better results without freezing it.
I used MX dyes mixed with chem water (3 qts water, 3 cups urea, 3 T glaubers salt), and put them full strength into squirt bottles. I know some people were using different kinds of dyes.
Then I just played.
I probably couldn't reproduce a single one -- LOL!
I just leave everything in the laundry room and let it melt overnight. In the morning I hand rinsed, then machine-washed in warm water with some Synthropol, dried and ironed.
Oh yeah -- the best ones were with the Kona cotton, but the cotton/bamboo was pretty good too. The ones that I have going now are mercerized cotton print cloth from Dharma, and some cotton sateen so I'll see how those go.
I normally hate ironing, but it's actually the best part of snow dyeing -- like an unveiling.